Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Real Wedding - May 29

Amanda and Mitchell got married this past Saturday and will forever enjoy a 3 day weekend on their anniversary. Some people think it's not a good idea to have a wedding on a holiday, but I think it's great because then your anniversary is much more fun to celebrate and possibly (hopefully!) plan a quick get-away!

Their ceremony was at a church in Elkhorn and then guests arrived for cocktails on the Waterfront Patio and dinner in the Harbor Ballroom. This is a great picture of the view from the ballroom...



The flowers were done by Locker's Flowers in McHenry, IL. These little bubble vases looked so cute on the cabaret tables near the windows!

Pictures courtesy of Mozart Photography.

The cake was from Lakeland Bakery in Elkhorn. It was gorgeous and equally delicious. The cake arrived at the same time as the florist so they were able to add the fresh baby roses. I loved this cake-topper, too, with Amanda and Mitchell's names engraved and the date. I'm sure they'll keep this on their mantle forever.

One of my favorite parts of planning weddings is just hearing about the honeymoon. I guess if I can't travel myself, at least I can hear about it. They will be going to Mexico in a couple of weeks. So jealous!



No comments:

Post a Comment